Adventure Experiences in Asheville
There are numerous fun things to do in Asheville, NC. Asheville boasts a thriving arts community, diverse outdoor adventures, a vibrant and inviting downtown, many historic and architectural attractions, and unique shopping options.
Asheville ranks among the top destinations for outdoor recreation. Come, experience the mountains around Asheville – the outdoor playground of the Southeast. Celebrated by magazines as an outdoor paradise, visitors enjoy mountain biking, ziplining, river tubing, whitewater rafting, hiking and skiing the highest peaks in the entire Eastern U.S. What adventure seekers will find in the Asheville area: natural water slides, mountain bike trails reminiscent of a roller coaster ride, and stunning vistas that will take your breath away. Whether you’re into extreme sports or soft adventure, the mountain area of Asheville offer endless outdoor fun. Of course, when planning your adventure, you’ll want to stay in a Cabin in Asheville Vacation Rental.
Three very special companies have partnered with Cabin in Asheville to provide special discounts for our guests:
Virtu Skin & Body – 828 367 9099 (facials, waxing & massage)
Zen Tubing – 855 936 8823 (float the river)
Southern Appalachian Anglers – 828 691 1506 (guided fly fishing)
- Canoeing, Kayaking, Tubing & Standup Paddleboarding
- Lake Lure
- Asheville Treetops Adventure Park
- Electro Bike Tours
- Best Biking Trails
- Chimney Rock Park
- Running in Asheville
- “Tail of The Dragon” Motor Cycle & Sports Car Road
- Nantahala Outdoor Center
- Family Fun
- White Water Rafting
- GET A FACIAL WITH BREA – Your Host!
- Horseback Riding
- Hiking in the Asheville Area
- Lazoom Comedy Tours
- Area Wineries
- Local Breweries
- Hot Air Balooning
- Places to Eat
- Local Food – Farm-to-Table
- River Arts District
- Hot Springs Naturally Hot Mineral Water Spa
- Asheville Art Museum
- Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa
- Live Music
- Theater & Performing Arts
- Cherokee Authentic Attractions in Cherokee, NC
- Scenic Drives Around Asheville
- Hands-On for Children
- Waterfalls & State Parks
- The Cradle of Forestry
- Folk Art Center
- Grandfather Mountain
- Great Smoky Mountain National Park
- Linville Gorge
- Museum of Cherokee Indians
- Nantahala Outdoor Center
- North Carolina Arboretum
- Outward Bound
- Smokey Mountain Scenic Railroad
- Thomas Wolf Memorial Home
- Train Rides
- Apple Orchards & Roadside Farm Markets
Visit Weather Channel for 10 Day Weather Forecast The average temperature for Asheville is around 75°F in the summer months and about 40°F in the winter.
- The average warmest month is July.
- The highest recorded temperature was 100°F in 2012.
- The lowest recorded temperature was -17°F in 1985.
- August is the average wettest month.
Asheville is located in Buncombe County. Buncombe County sits at the crossroads of I-40 and I-26, providing easy accessibility to markets along the east coast. This strategic locations provides direct interstate connection to I-81 and I-85, I-77 and I-95.